Sunday, February 20, 2011

My weekend

What a weekend I did a workshop with Glenys Mann a well known textile artist here in Australia, she travels the world teaching and doing conferences.  Ive signed up for the 6 weeks on saturdays and cant wait till next saturday.  We covered dying and rusting papers and fabrics, we placed the good quality paper in to a tannin bath first then into a caustic soda bath and then into an ironsulphate bath the papers are beautiful and very landscape earth orientated.  I will post photos of the group.  One of the girls did a porcelain doll head and arm it looked great , we are making boxes to hold our treasures,  making great assemblage for the walls.  The photos are just shots of some of the papers I did.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynda

    Wendy, Agnes and I are looking at your great work - keep it up

    Roger

    ReplyDelete